Friday 26 February 2016

Meet Samridhi: Founder of Little West Street

Today we are featuring Samridhi of Little West street. Based in New York City, the brand’s mission is to provide stylish, luxurious and practical bedding and accessories for little babies all over the world. Its passion for beautiful fabrics, fun prints, and eye-pleasing themes makes its beddings perfect for little sleepy heads.They have amazing style designs.Check it Out!

1. Tell us a little about you and your lovely brand Little west street.

 

I grew up in New Delhi in a family of designers - so designing, colors, manufacturing etc. is something I grew up learning. I moved to Singapore for college where I graduated with a degree in computer engineering. Before starting Little West Street, I did my MBA in the US and worked in strategy consulting for several years. Today, I live with my husband and 2 young kids in New York. I believe all my diverse experiences and learnings over the years have connected together to enable me to start Little West Street.
littleweststreet

Little West Street is an e-retail store providing stylish kids’ bedding and essentials. Our focus is on creating world-class designs, ensuring top-notch quality, along with making sure our products are practical and safe for children. We worry about every little detail so moms don’t have to worry about it!

 

2. What was your inspiration to start Little west street? Can u give us a timeline how it started?

 

When I had my son (4 years ago), I moved back from the US to India for about 2 years, and struggled to find beautiful, high quality bedding and other products, which were considered essentials in the US (such as a muslin swaddles, sleep sacks). Many of the beautiful products sold around the world are made by the highly skilled, top-notch artisans of India - so it was ironic to me that we didn’t have access to such products in the Indian market.

When I returned to New York, I started working on this idea - researching the market, talking to mothers, and designing furnishings for little babies. By 2015, I had created a small team in New York, and designed several product lines. We started the manufacturing process in early 2015 – and launched the online store in Sept 2015! When I started out, I had no idea it would be what it is now, and that it would get all this love and appreciation from mothers around the world! It has been a very fulfilling journey so far, and am looking forward to the next phase of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment